Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Black and White VS Right and Wrong

As a African American mother of two sons I am very disturbed about how people are taking a tragic incident and turning into a Black and White incident instead of a Wrong and Right incident. I to have lost a child so I can understand how Trayvon Parent's feel about his death. No my daughter was not killed by some unknown stranger but the pain is the same. Trayvon's parents deserve to know the truth and justice regardless of what color and or nationality his killer is. We as a people need to look beyond the color of the killer's skin color and right a wrong that was done to a young man. The wearing of the hoodie has been criticized severely which doesn't make any sense to me. I wear hoodies as well as my husband and we are two adults that just happen to be active duty military. I saw two young Caucasian males crossing the street walking towards my vehicle wearing hoodies; should I have been afraid of them or think that they were suspicious and run them over with my car? Of course not They just happen to be two young men crossing to go shopping at Walmart not even realizing that I saw them. Our youth regardless of color, religion, nationality, or creed is under attack. Our youth are being portrayed as criminals, thugs and suspicious people instead of the bright and intelligent people they are. Don't get me wrong I'm not living in a fantasy world and believe that all people are good, because there are some people who have no home training and really do not know how to act while out in society with those of us who do. People need to understand the first lesson a child learns is at home not school. Meaning children learn their social skills from their parents. Those parents who have no social skills that is what you are teaching your children nothing.

Since the tragedy of Trayvon Martin was made public I have seen so many other such crimes come to light which is a tragedy in itself. For me it doesn't matter who committed the crime what their skin color is where they live in the world wrong is wrong and there is no way a wrong can be made right. At the end of the day God doesn't like ugly; He is not crazy about pretty, but he does not like ugly. Everything that is done in the dark will come light. So to Trayvon's murderer and all the killers who have sworn by their innocence knowing that they are guilty Your day will come maybe not today maybe not even tomorrow but God does not forget and your punishment will greater than punishment that man will give you.

No comments:

Post a Comment