Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Living Life Happy

I wake up every morning happy and blessed to see another day. I smile and get out of bed with a daily prayer to thank God for letting me see another beautiful day. My husband and I are both active duty soldiers and have both been to Iraq for multiple deployments. He and I both are very blessed to have come home with not a scratch being that we both were involved in OIFONE. I take it one day at a time. I hear these experts say that deployment is not the reason for some soldiers committing suicide. However these experts have not been on any deployments watching their buddies go down from small arms rounds or being blown up from IED's. I've seen a lot and been through a lot. I'm telling you being shot at and not being able to see your enemy or not knowing who the enemy is not fun. I'm proud that I served my country and made my family proud. Now I have war stories to tell my grandchildren LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment